Road Weight Restrictions
Update: Road Weight Restrictions was lifted on Monday, May 2nd, 2022 at 12:01 a.m.
Effective Wednesday, March 16, 2022, at 12:01 a.m. Spring Load Restrictions (SLR) will be in place on City of Champlin’s streets. The City of Champlin follows the weight restriction determined by the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MNDot). Ending dates will be posted, approximately three days prior to ending.
The City of Champlin will not be issuing overweight permits. The maximum street load is five-ton (5) per axle throughout the City of Champlin during spring load restriction months. Vehicles exceeding five-tons per axle will not be allowed on the city streets.
Road Weight Restriction does not apply to emergency and service vehicles such as fire trucks, utility service vehicles, and garbage trucks. Streets within the City of Champlin in which allow over five-ton axle loads are indicated below:
- French Lake Road from Elm Creek Crossing to Dayton Road
- Miller Road
- Dean Avenue from T.H. 169 to Dowlin Street
- Gettysburg Avenue from 123rd Avenue to Hayden Lake Road
- 123rd Avenue North
- Ensign Avenue North
- Champlin Drive from Hayden Lake Road to Elm Creek Parkway
- 120th Avenue North from Champlin Drive to Business Park Boulevard
- 117th Avenue North from Champlin Drive to Business Park Boulevard
- Theatre Drive
- Elm Creek Parkway from Champlin Drive to T.H. 169
- Jefferson Highway from Elm Creek Parkway to 109th Avenue
- West River Road from TH169 to East Hayden Lake Road
- Business Park Boulevard from Hayden Lake Road to 114th Avenue
- 114th Avenue from T.H. 169 to Business Park Boulevard
- 109th Avenue from Goose Lake Road to West River Road
- Douglas Court east of Douglas Drive
- Colorado Avenue from 109th Avenue to 110th Avenue
- 110th Avenue from Douglas Drive to Colorado Avenue
- Brittany Drive from Edgewood Circle to Douglas Drive
- Goose Lake Road from Elm Creek Road to 109th Avenue
- Commerce Drive (Private)
- Commerce Lane (Private)
- Jefferson Court (Private)
- Zealand Avenue from 109th Avenue to north end (Private)
You can also find this information on our Non-Restricted 9-ton street map.
For Questions you may call the City Hall, Engineering Department at 763-421-1955 or email the Engineering Department.