The Engineering Department is responsible for:
- Oversight for the design and construction of all city improvements projects that include water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, storm water ponds, streets, sidewalks, street lighting and bridges.
- Responsible for the pavement management system to ensure the quality of the city’s streets for the foreseeable future through pavement preservation, overlays, and reconstruction program. For more information check out our 2021 pavement management program.
- Administration of special assessments for improvement projects.
- Review of private development projects for conformance with city standards and current stormwater requirements.
- Implementation of the City’s Municipal Separate Stormwater System (MS4) Permit
- Serve on the Elm Creek and West Mississippi Watershed Commission Technical Advisory Committees.
- Implementation of the City’s Water Supply Plan and Wellhead Protection Plan.
- Coordination with Hennepin County and MNDOT on transportation planning and projects.
For questions, please call 763-421-1955 or send us an email.