Summer Sprinkling Restrictions
Odd-Even Sprinkling Ordinance
The mandatory odd/even sprinkling ban becomes effective May 1st and continues through Labor Day each year. Due to the forecasted dry weather and high temperatures an extension is needed until September 18th, 2023. The City's policy is to restrict the use of lawn sprinklers, through the use of an odd/even system. The ordinance prohibits the watering of lawns, trees, or shrubs between 10 am and 7 pm.
- Odd-numbered addresses may water on odd calendar days only.
- Even-numbered addresses may water on even calendar days only.
- The day begins at midnight and ends at midnight.
- You cannot sprinkle between 10 am and 7 pm.
You live at 123 Champlin Lane: You may sprinkle on May 17th, beginning at midnight and up until 10 am. If you prefer to water in the evening, you may also sprinkle on May 17th, beginning at 7 pm and up until midnight.
Please, follow the Sprinkling Restrictions. The first violation of the ordinance will result in a written warning. The second and each subsequent violation of the ordinance will result in an excess usage fee of $75 per day.
- Customers observed watering outside of the restrictions will be notified in person (if present) and will receive violations by mail.
- You may hand-water anytime!
- New sod and seed are exempt for four weeks only.
- Children can run in the sprinkler anytime, but please do not leave the sprinkler running. Abuse of this privilege may result in additional restrictions. We do not want a sprinkling ban any more than you do.
- Owners of private irrigation wells must register with the City on an annual basis. Please contact The Champlin Utilities Department at Phone Number: 763-421-0154 to schedule an appointment to inspect your irrigation well.