The City of Champlin has completed redistricting, a process that happens once every ten years. As the population changes, it is important to re-draw ward and precinct boundary lines to balance them by population. Redistricting is also the process of re-drawing boundaries of election districts, from local precincts to U.S. Congressional districts.
As a result of the state's redistricting process, Champlin will now be in State House Districts 34A and 34B. This results in Ward 4 being split into two precincts, to allow for two legislative districts. Ward 4 residents living on the west side of Douglas will be in Precinct 1 and Ward 4 residents living on the east side of Douglas will be in Precinct 2.
Please note, the Ward 4 voting location will remain at Jackson Middle School; residents living on the west side of Douglas will vote in Precinct 1 and residents living on the east side of Douglas will vote in Precinct 2.
Where you vote matters and is determined by where you live. In July, registered voters will receive a white and blue postcard from Hennepin County if your polling location has changed. Please note, if you choose to vote early and in person, you will visit City Hall. In preparation for Election Day 2022, please take time to review "5 Steps to Voting" and check Poll Finder.
5 Steps to Voting
1. KNOW THE DATES AND MAKE A PLAN
- August 9, 2022 State Primary (absentee ballots available June 24)
- November 8, 2022 General Election (absentee ballots available September 23)
2. REGISTER TO VOTE
- Check your status or register to vote prior to election day on the Secretary of State's website.
- You can register at your polling place on Election Day. Bring a photo ID with current name and address or bring a photo ID and a document with current name and address.
3. FIND YOUR POLL
- Based on the address where you maintain residence, your polling location may have changed, please check Poll Finder before you vote.
- Remember, you must vote at your designated polling place based on the address where you maintain residence. Your polling location will be open on Election Day from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Ward 1 – Precinct 1 – Little Newtons, 111 Dean Avenue W.
- Ward 2 – Precinct 1 – Champlin Ice Forum, 12165 Ensign Avenue N.
- Ward 3 – Precinct 1 - Servant of Christ Lutheran Church, 740 East Hayden Lake Rd.
- Ward 4 – Precincts 1 and 2 – Jackson Middle School, 6000 – 109th Avenue N.
4. VIEW SAMPLE BALLOTS
- Vote early through absentee ballot request on the Secretary of State's website.
- Vote early at City Hall June 24 - August 8, 2022 from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Extended hours include:
- Saturday, August 6 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Monday, August 8 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Extended hours include:
- Vote in person at your polling place on Election Day from 7a.m. - 8 p.m.
Election Day 2022
OFFICES ON THE PRIMARY ELECTION BALLOT
- U.S. Representative
- Governor and Lieutenant Governor
- Secretary of State, Attorney General, and State Auditor
- State Senator
- State Representative
- Hennepin County Commission, County Attorney, and County Sheriff
- View election results on the Secretary of State's website.